Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Former CPI-M lawmaker meets Mamata, wants to join Trinamool

suchithkc

Kolkata, May 18 : With the change of guard in the corridors of power in the state, a former Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) lawmaker Wednesday met Trinamool Congress supreme and chief minister-in-waiting Mamata Banerjee and expressed his wish to join her party.
'Yes today (Wednesday) I visited Mamata Banerjee's residence and chatted with her for more than 30 minutes. I congratulated her on her landslide victory,' Debendranath Biswas told IANS.
Biswas was an MLA from Ranaghat-East constituency in Nadia district from 2006-2011. This year he didn't contest the assembly elections.
'I have expressed my wish to join Trinamool Congress as I want to serve the people. By staying in CPI-M I cannot serve the people as they have become totally corrupt. That's why this year I have not contested the election,' said Biswas.
Trinamool Congress leaders were not available for comment.
CPI-M leaders Mohammed Salim and Shyamal Chakroborty denied to comment on the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment